Matt and Bob..,
I will add a few audio software companies to JohnJohnJohn's list that have a decent level of interaction with user base on tech level: Cakewalk, FabFilter, vArranger, Feelyoursound (Sundog studio) and I am sure many other companies that I do not know of smile

With PG, I am confused...
I am not sure if they care about what users think or want from the program or not. One thing is to test "troubled" items and another is to understand and implement popular request and work with that specific group who is willing to help test and shape that particular feature.

General "beta testing" is very broad term. You do not hire an electrician to plant a garden, in similar way, you would not hire a gardener to fix faulty outlet.

Probably a more proper title for my post should be: Targeted beta testing of the most popular items in wishlist.

One way to implement this would be to have a check mark in the "wishlist" section of the forum (In every post!): "willing to beta test"... so if developers decide to make it happen, they would have a targeted list of users who are willing to donate their time to test this particular feature, that is if they want to keep the process anonymous. So good things can come to life, that is the goal smile