Quote:
Although Deryk said that anything we make in the program is ours to do with as we please, it seems that using Realtracks can still actually infringe on the intellectual property of the session musicians who performed them, in the eyes of LANDR at least.

See, here's the thing. I'm assuming that the session musicians hired by PG Music are paid master scale for these recordings (staff can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this). If that's the case, they don't have "intellectual property rights" on what they played, it's a work-for-hire.

That's why I'm pretty confident that whomever you dealt with at LANDR doesn't know what the hell he's doing/talking about.

By way of example....the classic rock song "Drift Away" was originally recorded (in Nashville btw) and session guitarist Reggie Young conceived and played the iconic guitar lick that makes up the intro to the song. That riff has been copied on dozens, maybe even hundreds, of cover versions of that song. Reggie didn't "own" that lick - if anyone had the right to pursue an infringement case, it would've been Dobie's record label, as they owned the master.

PG Music owns THESE "masters", and if they say there's no infringement and that it's fair game to use them, then it is.