Hi Bob,

This is a really lovely song. The writing is very strong and the presentation is excellent.

I notice that some people have commented on the vocals. It is because of this that I mention the following in case it is useful information.

A vocal processing technique that I picked up a little while back is presented below. Even if you don't use Reaper as your DAW, the technique will be able to translate to other software.

DIRECT LINK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj14aKySE-4&rel=0&width=960&height=540

I have found that, like the video shows, manually adjusting volume before adding a compressor is definitely the way to go. It usually takes me an hour to get done but, for me, it's time well spent. During this process, I also modify the volume of those words that are not loud (e.g. or, and, with, in, etc.) so that they sit at appropriate conversation levels with the surrounding words.

Once I have the vocal track sitting at a good volume with prepositions, conjunctions, softer syllables on multi-syllable words, etc. adjusted to reflect conversation levels, I add a hint of compression.

I hope the above information is of some help in some way.

At the end of the day, I really enjoyed listening to your creation. It is a real credit to your strong songwriting abilities.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024