Originally Posted By: Pipeline

Same with Biab any editing in Biab will be save as SGU and in Reaper RPP whether you are using the EnergyXT ReWireVST and Biab as the Rewire master and Reaper as the Rewire slave or if Rewire is implemented in Biab and it is used as a Rewire slave.

Ah - just to be perfectly clear ( its ages since I used or tried to use Rewire- namely Ableton with a DAW ) so are you saying **categorically** that my main objection with ReWire against plugin is false and that in fact - were Rewire (in its latest API incarnation ) to be added to BIAB Mac - that ALL the song arrangement data edited in BIAB - DOES get saved as part of the SavedState data in the Cubase project?

I was under the impression that the only thing saved in the DAW project was the rewire audio and MIDI I/O configuration metadata.

If this truly is the case - and ideally if BIAB can be automatically launched etc and load the save state info from any DAW project that Is using a ReWire client - and its reliable - I WOULD be perfectly happy to use Rewire.

Interestingly IAA on iOS - a rewire kind of API in some ways - of course doesn't support SavedState and is being deprecated in iOS going forward. But one presumes reWire will still be around ?

On iOS the move is pushing most (or many ) music app developers to bring out AUv3 versions of their apps - therefore making a distinction that is clear between standalone music apps and plugins.

And certainly having this client-server business with a special cut-down version of BIAB - BBM4 - is a wise solution for fast route to the plugin thing - but in a sense better to either go whole hog and offer everything in EITHER just a plugin - or (with the SaveState caveat ) offer BIAB standalone with ReWire.

All my muso-tech-consuming adult (and teen ) life I've dreamt of and almost got that famed thing from SSL mixing desks - not the movie - TOTAL RECALL smile .... in one project file that is.

if the answer to ReWire BIAB data SaveState in DAW is YES then I thoroughly support putting all developer resources into BIAB standalone and Rewire.

Last edited by nonchai; 09/23/19 01:31 AM.

Big Sur, Mac Mini i7 2018, 64GB RAM 2TB SSD
Yamaha PSR SX 900, Cubase, Ableton, UNIFY, OPUS ORCHESTRATOR, MASCHINE, Vienna Ensemble Pro ,Audiofuse, L6 HELI, KOMPLETE, Komplete Kontrol 88
Lockdown beard, podgy face, beer belly, bald patch ... yadda yadda