Originally Posted By: bluage
Mr. David...

Late Night is as radio-ready an example of what makes 'smooth jazz' so smooth as I've ever heard in this forum cool.

The Real Style and Real Tracks establish the dreamy, eyes closed, cheek-to-cheek mood with the help of your lush chord choices rolled out at just the ideal tempo. The 'lectric piano notes, the ocean-of-sound synth pad, and the mark tree fills create the musical equivalent of Nirvana. The tenor sax solo curls itself around the ensemble in an unhurried, mellow and timeless way that speaks of a romance that enjoins the past, the present and the future into one beautiful forever.

Barry White would've loved to lay down one of his signature deep-voiced, cuddly vocal tracks on this one, I'm sure smile.

Ms. Di, your man's music must be good medicine for your ears, your heart, and your soul...

- bluage -

Loren ...

First, thank you very much for such a wonderful review. I've so seldom had the opportunity to post in recent months. Sometimes I feel a bit guilty when I post a new one as I often don't have enough time to properly answer everyone's review. But, taking care of Di and the mundane, daily requirements of life's obligations consume considerable amounts of time and constitute the priority on my daily schedule.

Reading your reviews, not just those you graciously offer my music, but all your reviews, is like reading a well-composed and utterly sophisticated story or poem. There's a non-frivolous flair to your compositions that is engaging and a true pleasure to read.

You mentioned Barry White. He also came to my mind as started my final (actually, only) edit for this song. I also considered the voices of Lou Rawls and, to a lesser but still significant degree, Joe Jackson. Lew Rawls' song "You'll Never Find" kept coming to mind, although the character of that song much different than this one. Yet, the timbre and resonance of his voice sounded like a good fit.

Again, many serious thank yous for your kindness and the time you give my music.

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 09/29/19 10:52 PM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops