Many MIDI files use varying tempos in a song. It sounds like you have one here. Here are a few suggestions on getting the tempo.

I don't use RealBand but I just looked and it does have a tempo map that will show you all of the tempo changes in the MIDI file.

Many DAWs have a MIDI editor that will show all of the MIDI data in the file. If RB has that you might be able to delete all but the first tempo data.

There are programs that will make a tempo track based on either MIDI or audio data. Melodyne Editor is one. Some DAWs like Cubase and Sonar also have ways to make a tempo track from any MIDI or audio track.

All of this assumes that RB can use a tempo track. As I said I don't use RB but as a DAW it should be able to follow a tempo track. Someone who uses RB will be able to answer this question and help with determining the tempo track.

If all else fails PM me and I will determine the tempo track. If for some reason RB doesn't use a tempo track I can assign one tempo to the file so you can use it.

Good luck.

You know you're getting old when a recliner and a heating pad is your idea of a hot date!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware