Jim,
"I'm not buying until the program is 64 bit"... I do not believe this was an upgrade. It is more like patient had awoken from coma update. Sure, a HUGE and happy event, but in my opinion it should have been done some time ago as a part of standard maintenance. I am very relieved this was done. Remember the depression when Cakewalk announced it was closing doors? I really did not want similar to happen with BIAB. Now, I can rest assured that BIAB will work for years to come, even if MacSoft decides to pull a plug on 32bit applications with one of their Win. updates.

Some time ago, I floated an idea on how I would prefer to see the future of BIAB. I suggested that BIAB and Realband should be merged into a single program, since many features are very similar. I tried RealBand on a few occasions, but I found it ridiculously clunky and counter intuitive. (I must admit, this idea was met with sword and shield smile )
However, I still believe this is a way to go. Imagine if both programs are modular and you can design your work space yourself, any way you like, loading just the modules/panels you need for your workflow. And have all the features of both programs under one roof. Ohh yes, there would be a single program to maintain, not two smile

P.S. To overcome a habit of workflow for some users a "classic" view of both programs (similar to "lenses" in Cakewalk) can be available, which would be compiled of the modules that would have near identical "look" of classic versions of the programs.