I strongly hope that the two never merge. Why you ask. Well that already happened. A few years ago we had power tracks and BiaB they merged the basics of BiaB with PT and we got RB. One is a DAW the other auto accompaniment the compliment perfectly. You can open BiaB tracks in RB. And continue. And now you can open the VSTi in the DAW of choice. The VSTi is not that far off now with a couple really important features it will be very useful.

Merging BiaB with RB to me would be a freakin disaster that would spoil the two programs for ever. Even far less complicated DAWs like cakewalk, reaper, Cubase, studio one have fought bugs through out there life spans, just imagine the pain of a DAW with all of the gazzillions of features that BiaB has. I shiver to think of the countless bugs. BiaB has long standing bugs as it is. Add to that everything thing that say reaper does with automation, unlimited tracks, routing, etc. No thanks

I think PG is on the right track. Let BiaB be what it is, continue the development of the plugin, and beef up RB. What a tool box!

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.