I hear you Rustyspoon# it is fun to think about what's possible. To my thinking modular while it's interesting to imagine, I can't see it as practical. The concept of "lens" as in cakewalk sounds good on paper, but all lens or views does it place the features you like to use up front, it doesn't eliminate functions. In cakewalk by bandlab you can set it up to show the tracks view, mixer view, and the browser view in different configurations allowing the ones you like to open up to on start up. Still all three are there and all three as well as all of the other features are still there, just hidden from view.

I understand your vision though. I don't think blending those together is the answer. What I would love to see is RB really worked over to be a bit more of a stand alone program bring it's feature and GUI up to that standards of a cakewalk/studio one/reaper/Cubase level, as well as the CPU load. Seems RB is still a bit heavy. Who knows maybe the Powertracks base tied into the BiaB folders is as good as it can get without a complete rewrite. You may be right add full DAW capability to BiaB, but somehow I think that may have a bloating effect on the BiaB code.

Maybe fixing the sync issues, and making all the .sgu/mgu files with shots/holds/etc. function inside the plugin will give us all we need inside a DAW. Hey we still want more realtracks right?

Last edited by RobH; 10/13/19 03:43 PM.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.