RobH,
Sure, it is fun to think what is possible smile
I am curious to know if PG had means to re-invent / rewrite things any way they want...
Would they still consider making several titles or single software that does it all?

I think people complain about the bugs and other stuff (mee too...(not the movement*)). I believe the core of the problem is that PG is relatively small company and I can understand that keeping up with several titles can be challenging, especially when the focus has to be shared in production of RealTracks/Drums.

If one day I win the lottery, I will try to convince Santa to consolidate everything to a single, smooth, modular (bug free!) platform just in time for 20XX release smile

P.S. About the lenses in Cakewalk... Yes, sure it is mostly visual, functions are all there. At the same time you can set up you lenses or project templates focusing on specific tasks. Mixing/VST Synth Work/Recording etc... I have managed to crash Cakewalk only on several occasions when I had VST synths and FX on most of individual tracks from several different manufacturers running couple of dozen of tracks (midi+audio) and recorded vocals on multiple take lanes at same time. What I am trying to say, it is SUPER stable, no matter what I throw at it.