The last two post are very telling to me. One wants the “freeze” RB, the other develop it. Everyone has a different workflow. Taking a popular program and completely changing it effect many people.

Since we’re using Cakewalk as an example, I’ll continue that line of reason. One of the reasons cakewalk sonar failed was as it was developed, it grew somewhat unstable. I remember the long discussions on the forums. I came from the floppy disk days of twelve tone music cakewalk all the way through to sonar. One of its problems was adding to many third party plugins and many features that battled for resources.

When BandLab bought it they stripped it down to a lean and stable basic program. Now it is very solid and productive. To blend BiaB, RB/power tracks into one modular super program would introduce so many variables that one can’t even imagine the complications it would cause.

If this were feasible I would imagine that other companies would be scrambling to create competitive products. We don’t see cakewalk, Cubase, protools, etc trying to add BiaB features to their DAWs. You would end up with so many different functions and so many miles of code that would introduce so many potential bugs and conflicts that would ruin the program for everyone.

But who knows what it going on behind the scene. We might some day have a super program that does it all. I just would hate to have a Swiss Army knife program that is okay at everything, but is not great at anything.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.