Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Originally Posted By: zacworld
One peculiar thing I've noticed, the cursor on the chord screen is way behind where the music is, like by about 8 bars. Has that ever happened to you?

Zac, I've certainly never witnessed that before.
What does your CPU and Memory usage peak at when you're playing a song?

Well the good news is it doesn't seem to be happening at all today (but the day is still young). At the moment the CPU is varying between about 62-70% during playback, memory is 61%. All of the suggestions & tweaks seem to be paying off though, I'm hearing no distortion (unless I start moving the mouse around, which makes it distort immediately).

Last night when I had the disparity of the music being ahead of the chord screen cursor the CPU was going up into the 80-99% range and was giving me a lot of distortion, speed slow downs, etc. I did notice at one point an annoying windows updater process randomly kicked in, which pretty much killed BIAB performance. I've been trying to eliminate as much of those sorts of things as possible. Today though it seems to be working a lot better than it was. I think the most dramatic improvement was going into Song Settings & choosing the "This song has playback problems, disable Fast Generation" checkbox (the downside of course is having to wait longer for the tracks to generate, but I can put up with that for now until the new comp arrives).