Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
I just tried _BOSAMEP and it played mMaj7 as m7. I then disabled Natural Arrangement for the song (Song Settings) and it played fine.

To Zacworld, one thing you could do for now is turn this feature off by default. Go to Options, Preferences, Arrange. In Natural Arrangement (lower left) select Disabled Unless Set for The Song. This makes it exactly the reverse of the default setting. You will hear what you write.

If it helps, you're new and you could not reasonably have known this. The Natural Arrangement feature is fairly new and even the experienced users aren't positive what it does all the time. It's something you can turn on and try once your song is finished, and see if you like it. In this case, WITH THIS STYLE, you probably would not.

Also read what the Help, Natural Arrangement for Current Song has to say. It's about half-way down. You'll see you can even turn the feature on or off for individual tracks.

Thanks Matt, it's nice to know I can disable that globally & I just did so. I mostly write in a jazz idiom and want to hear the chords exactly as I put them in. I'm sure this natural arrangement feature must be useful for other purposes (I'll check out the Help), but I'm going to leave it off for now. Good to know how to switch it on and off in both places.