Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
100% of these professional mix engineers discuss issues with the quality and quantity of the audio files they receive from clients and zero say anything at all about the platform, OS, workflow or hardware the files are recorded on... Just sayin'...

Charlie, I would venture to suggest that there are few, if any, Professional mix engineers here in our forum. But I agree, none who are interested in BIAB versus RB. However, the real discussion point here is "workflow". For the majority of us in the forum not only do we mix, but also write, record, compose, arrange, produce, master and publish - workflow is a priority. just sayin,. grin

wink wink wink I'll start my replay with wink because yes, we are here for fun and not to step on toes or offend others. I'd written out two other posts for this thread before I finally pushed the enter button on this one... I don't want to offend of make light of anyone's workflow or end product. This may be close to the edge, so forgive me in advance if it is, but hear me out. My thoughts are not about anyone in particular.

I'm comfortable with your thought that few of our active forum members are solely, commercial producers and engineers. However, take some time to examine the list of Users and you'll see more than a few that don't post are Studios, Producers, engineers and other professional designates. There are fewer than 100 active forum posters out of 30,252 registered users. If there were a way to validate the true answer, I'd wager there are major, mainstream Studios, record companies, their employees, Major name artists, producers, engineers, and mixers that own and use BIAB in their commercial projects.

My point all along is we're discussing 'workflow', gear or interfacing with other software and not our 'output'. There are currently several other post of discussions in various threads here in the Forum and the core of all of them revolve around 'workflow' and not 'output'.

Professionally, it's BIAB/RB's output and not it's workflow that's universally rejected by the commercial market. Here's some examples.

1. No mainstream top level DAW/Home Recording Site, including their FB and YouTube presence, have ever done a review or demonstration of building a home studio recording project around BIAB generated tracks. They'll do one with a $49 USB Mic, a $29 USB audio interface, a $49 electric guitar internet find, VST's, or VSTi's but BIAB is off limits.

2. I've personally contacted three top level internet tutors/trainers and two of them rejected working with BIAB audio files because of their generic and recognizable sounds/repeating riffs and poor overall quality, including the 44.1/16 resolution limitation. The third didn't even bother to respond.

3. On one of these sites, there was a question from a subscriber/student regarding using a BIAB recorded track and the moderator chastised the student that forum was not about other software products and subsequently removed the post referencing BIAB product. I've subscribed to that site for years, there are multiple posts daily about different brands of hardware, software, VST's and VSTi's. BIAB is the only product I've ever seen removed in such a manner.

Considering BIAB's output reception noted above, I suggest that the majority of us in the forum that mix, write, record, compose, arrange, produce, master and publish as their workflow (all of us for all practicable purposes) have taken a bigger bite than we can effectively chew.

I'll venture back to you and suggest that there are few, if any BIAB users that have taken time to learn all of the features available in the program that undoubtedly will benefit their workflow as much as generating and moving an audio track to another software. That will increase their speed in creating and editing a project. That will also produce a very complex group of audio files solely from within the BIAB program before they move their final rendered audio files to other software programs for advanced editing and effects. Learning and using these features will create audio files that are so unique and distinctive, they will be unrecognizable as coming from BIAB. They will be astronomically and statistically impossible to duplicate and will absolutely not be generic and boring.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 10/21/19 05:42 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.