Originally Posted By: rayc
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
The title certainly begs the question of how a narcissist could gain a wife smile
I must confess that even given my background in clinical psychology I can't figure it out!
The write is brilliant. The message creatively comes across with just the right
amount of subtlety.
The fine instrumental and vocal performances are wrapped up in another of
your room filling mixes...outstanding.
We enjoyed it and look forward to the next version...
J&B

Abusive relationships seem to be very complex interactions that outsiders like me see as B & W.
Feeding needs/isolation/fear/self worth/ and so many other things, as you know, congeal.
A couple of people have opined that this is a narrative about the president and his spouse but a casual reading shows the lyric ascribes an external self control that he who shall not be named does not possess.
The new mix is in the OP with a choice of solos - I'd appreciate your opinion as to which serves the song best.

Well stated re the abusive relationships. Tom posted a song he and Janice wrote about spousal abuse a couple of years ago. Tough subject. And, yes, the "shall not be named" is totally bereft of self control.

We just kicked back and listened to all three on the monitors. We favor the combo mix. You did a great job with the compression on the cello. Often it seems that a cello in a mix tends to muddy things up with a droning sound. Your's cuts and adds to the production. Guitar is very cool.

Enjoyed the comparos and appreciate the effort you put into them.

J&B