Originally Posted By: Bob Calver

I was hoping (maybe madly!) I could just import an mp3 and press 'chords' and the program would sort out the bar lines

maybe next year...............

If certain conditions are present and specific selections made, The BIAB ACW will do exactly that in Version 2020! Exception is there are just a few more steps than pressing 'chords' but not many at all. It may also do it in earlier versions, I have not tested for that.

Here's what I did:

CONDITIONS:

First - This worked for me when I knew the Tempo of the audio recording... It simplifies the process. If necessary, you may need to determine the song tempo first.

. For my test, I constructed my audio file, a strumming acoustic guitar from a RealStyle, _BARD.STY; RT3339
. I constructed a 16 bar Chord Chart from the _BARD.STY demo.
. I generated a WAV of the acoustic Guitar playing the 16 bar Chord Chart
. I notated the 4/4;ev8;120;D for future reference comparisons. I took a whole page screen shot of the BIAB Main Page to compare to the ACW analysis.

PROCESS:

. Using the Open File Icon, I selected Open Audio (wav,wma,mp3,wmv,cd)
. I selected the Audio File I constructed for the test (I had named it Bard Gtr)
. BIAB generated a Yellow Sticky to set the Main Tempo
. Audio\Set Audio Master (Base) Tempo 120 <Enter>
. Confirmed Style Disabled; Start 1; End 16; 2 Bar Ending clicked in Song Settings; Tempo 120; Ev8; 4/4 and Set key to D.
. Selected the Audio Chord Wizard Button from the VIEWS Toolbar
. Activating the ACW changed End measure to 20 and Key to C.
PG Staff will be advised of this. It should be fixed.
. Reset End Measure to 16 and Key to D w/o transpose
. From the ACW Audio Editor Window selected the Analyze Button
. A Menu opened advising No Bar Lines Set and asks if I want the ACW to set bar lines based on the current tempo (which is correctly set at 120bpm)
. Select Yes
. ACW analyzed the Chords and populated the Chord Chart.

I had to make some minor changes to the Chord Chart but it took much longer to write these instructions than it did for the actual process above to run.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.