Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
I'm also hopeful that some changes are in store for the way this feature operates. I'm pretty sure there will be updates, so I'm going to wait a bit for now and see what happens a little down the track.

Just tried several experiments and got it to work once but it mostly crashes. It needs a lot more work and testing to even work as planned. Unfortunately, "as planned" is not inline bar-by-bar like we had hoped for.

So yeah, I'm done with this new feature for now as well.

<< I watched it and I am still disappointed at the convoluted way this was implemented! I would MUCH prefer generating in place and not being required to drag and drop WAV files into the audio channel. I saw some strangeness as well. What happened to the rest of the mandolin track? What if I wanted to keep that track and just change a few bars of it? And what happens if I wanted to change several bars on some other tracks? And how would I reintegrate all of those Multiriffs into BIAB?

It would have been far more useful if I could just select my bars and click regenerate to generate those bars only! >>

Not to hijack this thread but only to tell you that what you're asking for in this case is accomplished in BIAB easier and with less complexity using the feature that multiple instruments can populate a single track. Up to 10 per channel. The feature will do everything you mention in the bold print quote above. It can accomplish 6-7 generations of a selected section the same as the new multi riff feature. This has been available for years and it has been enhanced this year because of the thickening feature so it's more useful than previously. If you are familiar with Punch in/out, Overdub and bouncing techniques you can regenerate a section of a track and preserve the remainder of that track and not lose specific riffs you've frozen. In other words, select bars to change, click regenerate and generate those bars only. These techniques of Punch in/out, Overdub and bouncing also allow reintegration of dozens of multi riffs back into BIAB.

Because of the limited number of 8 tracks available for a single render and the fact that BIAB is not a DAW, the sacrifice to gain additional instruments (or multiple generations of a single instrument wink , is at the expense of committing to bouncing sub mixes of tracks and instruments.

I posted a request for PGM staff to create a video tutorial how to do this back on July 09 but nothing came of it.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.