I often read posts on the BIAB forums complaining about this or that. The software does not perform the way my thoughts perform. It gets to the stage where I think why would I bother with this stuff but, in reality it is not at all that way.

If something does not do what I want, then, what do I want. Two days ago I did a song the bass was not what I wanted (and using BIAB by itself never going to be.) I then used Amplesound Precision Bass to layer up the bass. (Created in Cakewalk and rendered)

Then I went back to BIAB and generated another 16 bars of drum fills (yep blue to blue, then green to green, then green to blue and blue to green and then some.)

I then pulled all the parts into a Reaper where I chopped, channeled and sculpted my way to a track that I thought worked. The next day got up listened again and in the clear light of day and thought I should chop out some parts to make dancing easier (for a concert I prefer what I had but for dancing the bar count was not as good as it should be.)

Now I have a song I’m proud of. Very simple olde style rock and roll. Did it happen out of the box? No. But, I learnt many years ago songs rarely work out on first attempts.

With the history of the song above it only took a short time to generate another song similar tempo and feel, different chords and key. But much of what I spent my time on could be reused.

Just a thought from a tired old wasted musician.

Tony

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1