Check things such as your ASIO buffer sizes. These can have a major bearing.

A buffer can be thought of as similar to a saucer holding water. We let water out of the bucket into the saucer then into the pot. If our saucer (buffer) does not hold enough water then not enough goes to the pot. (We need to quickly go from filling the saucer to pouring into the pot. (A heap of CPU) ) We get stutter and stoppages in the audio.

On the other hand if we have a big saucer, it takes too long to fill it before we can empty it into the pot. We get delay (our buffers take too long to fill up and we get a delay hearing our signal making it difficult to play along with. Or whatever..

When playing or recording (when we need a audio short delay) keep the buffers small but only as small as our system allows. (Understand we must fill and empty the saucer this put stress on the CPU.) However, when just playing back (where we don’t really care about delays reduce the stress on the CPU make them larger.) It is important to realise we are talking in milli seconds.

I’ve been out tonight and am therefore philosophising, sorry,

Tony

Last edited by Teunis; 01/30/20 01:24 AM.

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1