Originally Posted By: Rob Helms
Tony I think that is one of the best post I have read in a while. I often think when reading through threads here I remember when I was little I would complain about my food , maybe that the meat was cut up in big chucks, and I wanted smaller ones. Well my mom would say “do you want me to chew it for you too?” In other words fix it yourself.

You see people complaining (I have been guilty as well) that the program does not do exactly what they want or they want to do everything inside one program, or what if it did this or that! Just 60 years ago the folks had to play everything live and 4 track recording was a huge deal.

I can very well remember plugging my “crystal mic” yep crystal (for those under 65 it was a little tube with chunks of carbon with a diaphragm at the end the same as the telephone transmitter). Into my amp. The lead singer also plugged into my amp he was my brother and bigger than me. And we thought we had technology beat. Over the screeches you almost heard the singing (ahh!!! We were made)

I’ll repeat, we are only restricted by our own imagination. (I even managed to get squeaks out of an 8086 if you can remember that far back.)

Tony

HP i7-4770 16GB 1TB SSD, Win 10 Home,
Focusrite 2i2 3rd Gen, Launchkey 61, Maton CW80, Telecaster, Ovation Elite TX, Yamaha Pacifica 612
BB 2022(912) RB 2022(2), CakeWalk, Reaper 6, Audacity, Melodyne 5 Editor, Izotope Music Production Suite 4.1