Great points all. BIAB is intelligent, but it doesn't read minds. It delivers fantastic parts and ideas, but it remains to the "bandleader" (you and me) to choose how to use them, and to learn how that might be done.

The only thing I pretty much do every time religiously is make a copy of the song-file (as easy in Windows as copy/paste in the same folder) and either 1. Add extensions and/or slash chords. 2. Add new instruments/real tracks, midi, drums. 3. Create new sections, such as intros, endings, true change-up bridges, and/or short rhythmical passages.

Then loading all to DAW in such a way that working with all those tracks is not too cumbersome, putting on the "producer" hat, and building the song. Cut, paste, move, pitch-shift, whatever to get where you want to go.

Fortunately for me, I am just the band-leader, not the BAND. BIAB delivers not just tracks, but IDEAS. Listen to the band.

I don't really enjoy "mixing", but I do very much enjoy "producing". In truth, I'm already "producing" even while I'm in BIAB...thinking about making that call to the Sax player in RT whatever, or how to best utilize what the Band is giving me.

Last edited by Tangmo; 01/30/20 01:40 PM.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground