I found something that might relate to audio issues. There was a couple of posts from other users concerning audio (Audio Session Error*), which might be related to this.

I had this thing happening: I set BIAB audio driver as ASIO for my external interface. Result was: Song picker played through "computer" speakers and when style was loaded to BIAB it played through my external card...

To make it work I opened computer sound settings and manually selected external interface as "default" device. Only then, demos of songpicker and opened style played through the external card. This should not be happening. There must be some sort of issue / conflict with how BIAB handles audio drivers. If it was not looked into, I hope this helps.

----------
Jazzmammal, we are not that of a "small" group of Win users smile I hear you well about incompatibilities between software, but this is about 2020 BIAB, was not happening in 2019 version. I did test this with a few things. P.S. Yep, I watched a few Molten Music vids. He is pretty informative guy.