Well, I headed off to GC with some of my MP3's in hand.

Have to admit, the way my local GC crams every speaker into a fairly small "speaker" room you're forced into standing not much more than 10 feet from each unit.

I even tried to move further out into the "keyboard" room and even further back to the guitar area. Didn't work too well...with every other customer testing, demoing and playing their favorite riff, I really couldn't tell much difference between the Stagepas 1K and the Evolve 30M.

Then again, maybe that's the point or maybe my old ears just aren't up to critical listening anymore. In any case, its a hard decision to make in that over the years I become accustom to sitting in my small studio and sitting 3 feet away from my KRK Rokit 8's. Now that still sounds good to these old ears!

Having never heard my music through a PA, maybe its just a case of realizing that tunes played through a PA system are never going to sound as good as in a controlled studio setting...and in that regards maybe that's the key take-away.

Jeff

Win11, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2024, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive3 Extreme, Kontakt 6, SampleTank 4.3