Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Thanks. Non-linear, I get. So there must be an equivalent of a DAW for video, just with tracks that are video with audio, instead of just audio?

That's essentially it, Matt. I've worked some in Cyberlink's video editing software. I think straight out of the box, you could learn to create something like this relatively easily with their built-in capabilities. But, like an audio DAW, there are myriad Fx available 3rd party.

Most likely there was a separate audio track mixed with the videos. It's possible (likely) the video clips contained sound if only to help with synching, but ultimately there was a single master audio track.

The main point is...thinking of it as a Video DAW is the right way to think of it. That helped me learn the software (which isn't terribly hard) more easily than I might have otherwise, having been messing with audio for some time.

-------

I'll throw this in for free. BIAB "save as video" feature (and the apparently abandoned Video Real Tracks feature) may get you a long way. I was looking into it back when I had time, but haven't thought about it much lately until reading your post.

Last edited by Tangmo; 03/28/20 02:07 PM.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground