Originally Posted By: saxgentleman67
Originally Posted By: Dzjang
... the AKAI is an incredible keyboard. I sometimes use the arturia keylab, great stuff, but not really the Akai MPK...

That, and great Kontakt libraries. Some of these kick so much *ss, like Abbey Road Drums or Analogue Drums’ Pizazz, there are instruments out there that never cease to blow my mind.

Do you prefer the Kontakt sounds to the Real Tracks?

I havn't bought the akai keyboard yet, but figured it was a good way to enter in the piano, bass parts at least.

I used to use a controller only style keyboard for this purpose. But, for what you want to do a simple Yamaha (or other accompaniment/synth/keyboard) will do just fine and probably better than a controller only like the Akai you are looking at. I currently use a Yamaha YTP-400 I got for $70 used after my $400 Edirol controller started having issues. It has a pitch bend wheel which you may or may not use. It does the midi input as well as the play back for me to hear as I record. If the Yamaha quits working or has issues I wouldn't buy a controller only again. I will likely replace it with another accompaniment keyboard. There are plenty of these accompaniment keyboards that do a whole lot for not much money.
The Yamaha keyboard connects to my computer with a USB cable. The midi data goes back and forth through the USB cable.
Once the midi is recorded I can change that, bass line for example, over to the Sampletank Bass, SI-Bass that came free with Cakewalk or any VSTi I choose.
I think this is what you are trying to accomplish.
I suggest keep it simple to start with. I first went a little complicated only to find out the simple stuff does well enough with a shorter learning curve.

Does the noise in your head bother me ?