Originally Posted By: furry
Nice one Hans

Thanks Furry!

Originally Posted By: EdZ314
Hans,

I love that swampy guitar and vibe. It took a minute to hit me but once it did, man I was in the groove. And then that guitar solo in the middle - superb. All those instruments and sounds just came together brilliantly in your masterful hands. The sound of the Dutch lyrics really adds an extra "magic" to it also.

Great track!

Hi Ed, Why did it take a whole minute? Thanks for your kind words. I showed your reply to my son, especially the 'masterful hands. He wasn't convinced of that till now!

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Wow. Strings, pads, voices...everything worked under that bluesy guitar with those little hits peeking out between the muted licks, and bassline. As I read here recently. It's music. Of course it works. Everything is beautifully subtle and intimate when it should be reading along in my broken English. This sets such a great mood. I love to hear you sing, and I love your signature vocal "sound".

I really enjoyed this thoroughly.

Hello Tangmo, It's me saying 'Wow' now because of what you wrote. Thanks very much! This is a huge compliment, only now it will be a challenge to create something that beats this one. But you made my day, serious!

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
I like your Dutch vocals, they grabbed my attention and really the strings played second fiddle if you'll forgive the pun. Thanks for supplying the English translation, that was helpful. Nice work, I enjoyed listening. If you sang in Dutch all the time, that would be fine with me.

Hi Tunemonger, you and Tangmo wrote so nice compliments, I nearly decided to sing in Dutch permanently. But because you suggested it yourself, I will come with an English song first ;-)
My translations had some shortcomings. I corrected them a bit, but sometimes you realise how difficult translating can be!

Originally Posted By: rayc
You've become much more confident and solid in the vocal department.
You sound great - there're a few spots where hard sounds seem to distort a little bit but you're doing a fabulous job now.
The arrangement is cool - solid bass, drums and guitar with those little things going on to add lace to the sleeves.

Hey Ray, I am dumbstrucked by your wonderful compliments. But I'm super proud as well. Thanks!

Thanks everyone, for listening and commenting.
Stay safe,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130