Look, this is clearly something that has been discussed ad nauseam in the past, but for us who are newer to the forum...

I see a lot of posts to the effect of "here's a work around" or "here's how you can do it and not need additional tracks", etc. I suppose what I'd like to know is the "why" in regards to adding additional tracks. If it's some sort of band width/storage issue, totally fine....I've just not seen anyone say "no, that can't happen, and here's why". It's probably been discussed in the past, but I'd rather not sort through years of posts to find it. It's a fairly simply request, I would think, to know the "why" as opposed to being told various work-arounds so that it's not necessary.

Also, it seems that most of the responses seem to have to do with MIDI use. Well, not all of us use MIDI. I never use it at all in BIAB. I'm probably missing out on a lot by not using it, but I am A) a lousy piano player, and B) don't have much of a library of sounds to make MIDI my go-to. So I use, exclusively, the RealTracks. And for me, and others like me, yes - having additional tracks on which to put RealTrack instruments would be a big plus.

It's a great program, I'm a huge fan & advocate for it....and I still think having a few more available tracks would be fair & reasonable - again, barring any technical limitations I'm not aware of.