Originally Posted By: bowlesj
..."select Midi Super Track" rather than "Select Midi Instrument". I just tried this and to my ear some of the piano super tracks sound like real pianos a student would play. If I was forced to bet I would bet real instrument.

Yes and no. Yes, MST's are real musicians playing real keys, so you get all the timing and pressure nuances (i.e., articulations) of the artist. So this is the best of the front end. But the back end audio output is still the same (I assume GM) synth that plays all you BIAB midi. So you are hearing 50% optimized sound.

So no, you are not hearing a real instrument and would lose your bet. Rather you are still hearing the GM Sound Synth in BIAB (pianos can be very good in GM). This is a critical point to understand.

I will leave it up to others to further clarify or correct as needed. Hope I don't sound preachy. You appear to be traveling on a road upon which I have spent a lot of self discovery. So my intentions are good. crazy

Dan

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper