John, I think one of the points that others are making in their way is that MIDI has no sound at all. It is completely dependent upon the MIDI synth (hardware or software) you use. Choices are almost endless, as is budget.

So I'm not picking on you when I select this quote from your previous post: I want to enter notation in BIAB and have it sound better than the current BIAB regular midi tracks which I gather are GM (general midi)".

Any MIDI track - current, regular or whatever you call it - or PG Music's MIDI Super Tracks, makes a sound through the MIDI synth YOU use on YOUR system. Remember, MIDI has no sound. In addition to GM (General MIDI) sounds, there is GM2 supported by BIAB. Most MIDI synths will play those GM2 sounds, and they are almost always better, but the sound is only ever going to be as good as your choice MIDI synth. Then there are the dozens or great sound libraries that are not General MIDI compatible or GM2 compatible (or Yamaha's standard, either) and they can sound even better. All of those are indeed "single note samplings" as you call it and are likely to sound much better, and cost you.

I used to use a Roland Integra-7 MIDI hardware synth. It's the best they make. I've continued to use that for day-to-day work, but I recently found an easy way to use my music notation software, Presonus Notion 6, and their built-in London Symphony Orchestra sounds. I often export the BIAB MIDI to Notion, render the sounds to audio, and then load that audio track in BIAB after muting the melody and soloist tracks. Since I most often use jazz and classical sounds, this meets my needs. Almost anyone else is going to have different needs. To use your example, I specify in Notion notation that my violin tones will be bowed or plucked, or that my trumpet uses a cup mute, straight mute, or is played open. But keep in mind what I'm doing is NOT the normal way most do it. Explore the advice you've been getting about Kontakt library sounds, for example.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors