Well, that doesn't really answer my question. I wanted to find out how Bob does the MIDI edit, not the number of ways I could do it. I'm curious as to how someone who seems to live in the MIDI world, i.e. doesn't use RTs, edits MIDI cleanly and quickly. I could certainly export the MIDI file to Finale, delete the notes that I don't want, and then export the corrected file to a .mid file, but that would clearly be a major clusterfuck. I'm wondering what the most optimal way would be. As you say, maybe RB is the way to do it.

However, I'm not sure what the point is. Once I've edited the MIDI file, what next? Import it back to BIAB or Real Band? Maybe freeze that track that I edited so that it doesn't get regenerated? It sounds like a lot of work to get around the fact that BIAB interprets "D5" incorrectly.

This is fairly ridiculous. I just did a search in the Style Picker to filter by the song "Fire On The Bayou". A number of them have a good handle on the feel and interpret my entered rhythms the way that I want. However, every funk or R&B style listed drops a clear D Maj chord on beat one, even though the chord is listed "D5". I've got the key set to Dm; no love. What moron at PG Music made the decision that "D5" chords are only good for hard rock or metal style guitar styles? All other styles must use major/minor chords?

Don't even get me started on the fact that all styles that have anything decent for funk rhythms have also got that generic Wah guitar all over it. One good non-wah funk rhythm guitar track would allow me to enjoy the rest of my days happy. I guess I'll have to lay down my own User Track.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2024 (1111)
64 bit application
RealBand 2024 (1)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i7 4800MQ @ 2.70GHz
Haswell 22nm Technology
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)