Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Here's a link to a video I made that is unedited from start to finish including the extra time where I walked away from my computer during a audio render. Rendering is much longer than normal due to the video being recorded.. Didn't edit to ensure the video and audio remained synced.

Dropbox Link to BIAB APT Freeze and Regenerate a section of Soloing

Thanks for the video demo!! So you take a few steps to convert a track to audio and then mix and match bars from each track to comp a final track. Does it only work for two tracks or can you have several tracks to comp from? It seems rather complicated to me and I doubt I would remember all of these steps each time.

A much better way would be to select bars, freeze them and regenerate. Then, if I like some of the new bars I would freeze them and regenerate. I could continue an unlimited number of times simply repeating the same simple procedure until my entire track is like I want it.

BUT, assuming we may never get such a feature that actually works, my suggested work-around is as follows,

1) get your song finalized like you want it, proper key, proper BPM, etc. and then SAVE IT!
2) export all tracks as WAVs to mix in your DAW
3) next replace all tracks with the one RealTrack that you wish to use to comp a final track
4) regenerate and save all generated tracks out as WAVs (repeat 2,3 & 4 for additional tracks)
5) import all tracks into your DAW and do your comping there