Yeah...

I successfully managed to follow the steps and create an Audio Performance Track... but I couldn't figure out what the benefit was of doing that. I just don't see how this helps the process of preserving parts of a track performance without still ending up with a lot of head scratching and mental calculations and while still having to deal with a COMP issues at some point.

I appreciated learning about the audio performance track, and you spoke so highly of the things that can be done with such a track, so I am very curious about some ways that I could use the feature to my advantage...

But the Mac PDF manual only mentions "Audio Performance Track" once and gives no information about using it and doesn't even name it that in the menus, and the in-application HELP Browser also just has a short paragraph for "Save Track as Performance Track" and only states that it is for sharing a track with friends and doesn't even direct the user how to do it or take you to the menu item connected to it, which is NOT called "Save as Performance Track" and requires prior steps before creating it anyway.

Without your list explaining how to create the Audio Performance Track I wouldn't have been able to do it... so no wonder it is BIAB's best kept secret.

Obviously, like everyone in this thread, I just want the simple option of making a few clicks and saying "OMG... I love the riff the guitar does right there... let me freeze those bars!!" and then to continue working knowing that I have locked and frozen those bars in place for that track.

I hope Pipeline's prediction of 2021 is more than just a Pipe dream.
;-)

BIAB 2023 Audiophile, MacPro (Mid-2010) OSX 10.12.6
DAW: Digital Performer 8