FWIW, I had to spend MUCH more time learning Izotope's fx suite, Waves' products and my DAW than I did on BiaB over the last seven years. I came into the home digital thing from from ground zero after years of playing in acoustic bands and knocking around with analogue recording since the 60's. When we decided years after leaving our band to explore some new genres I jumped headfirst into BiaB and Logic Pro.

The power and versatility of BiaB is stunning indeed. There are major components of the software that I simply don't have the technical music background to properly explore (but certainly appreciate what folks do with it); hence, I've attempted to become as knowledgeable as possible regarding RealTracks, RealDrums and MidiSuperTracks. Those are my session guys and gals. Sometimes a regen or two gives me what I want. Other times multiple regens of a RT (comped up to a single track in the DAW) are necessary but I always get what I need for the tune.

Janice and I find it very cool watching music concerts/documentaries and saying, "Look it’s John Jarvis -- the guy who plays on our songs!" smile

All meaning that after I came to focus on RT/RD's the learning was fun and easy.

Obviously YMMV depending on the goals.

Bud

PS My comments are predicated upon the notion that a beginner is a, well, beginner to BiaB and not to creating music, i.e., they know a few chords smile