I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 1st gen interface running on Win 10, and has worked well for years. I recently had a problem with PowerTracks "not responding" for a while when working with large multiple track files, then resuming the task after about 10 - 20 seconds. I thought it might be an out of date driver (I was using the original version) and found the latest update on their website. I downloaded and installed the new driver for 1st gen 2i4. Up until then, I had the input option of 1/2 stereo and could record from a single mic to create a "stereo" recording on a single stereo track, i.e. in L and R channels. After the upgrade, I could only record from a mic in the LH channel. the input option had changed to 1 & 2 Analogue.
I uninstalled the new drivers and, fortunately, had the original drivers stored in archive. I re-installed the original drivers, but I still can't get back to recording on both channels. I know that it is usual to only record on the LH channel, but I would prefer to regain the ability to have both channels recording.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2022, Sibelius Ultimate, Ableton Live 11 Suite, BIAB 2023, RealBand 2023, CoolSoft Virtual Synth, Focusrite 4i4 3rd generation, Audacity, NVIDIA GeForce GT520,