Thanks to all for the kind words. Chunk, by behaviors, seems like he may have a little bit of pit in him but he is mostly lab and some border collie. We all know the problem with pit bulls is the owners, not the breed. This guy is a total velcro dog so far. He wants to be stuck to me at all times. However, he is still in that state of transition to where he likely doesn't know that this is now home and not another stopover on his way to another shelter. He is starting his 3rd day here and seems to be understanding that he can go into ALL the rooms, that he has a yard to himself, that the dogs next door are not going to leave tomorrow and he'll never see them again...

We did some leash walking this morning in the yard and he seems to be rather smart and quick to pick things up. He has started finding the comfort level to lay in other rooms where I am not with him. He hasn't really learned his name yet but I use it in every sentence I speak to him so he hears it a lot. He lays in the living room among a pile of toys but has yet to show any interest in them. That may come with time. I expected him to come into the house and mark all of Scruff's beds to state that they were his but he has not peed or pooped in the house at all. I expect he may at some point but thus far he has not. I left him in the car yesterday when I ran into Petco and had the phone recording video. He did not fuss at all. I saw his tail move to the side where I exited the car and he watched out that window until I came back. It was 5:35 and not a sound. He rides well with no motion sickness. I think all he really needed was a sense of stability, but I can say for sure that this was somebody's pet, not a feral pack dog. He is too well behaved and affectionate. I do have some work training ME to understand that this dog is NOT Scruff, that Scruff was short and Chunk is tall and can counter surf, and that this is starting over with a new dog personality. But thus far he his a happy, affectionate dog. He is about 3 and healthy vs Scruff at 14 and ailing, and he will be much more active. That's on me to adjust to him and maybe get out of my chair more. I'll always miss that little dog, or course, but the facts of life are that we 13 1/2 wonderful years together, that she lived the life of a princess, and that she got old and her time was up. That doesn't make it easier to lose her, but it does mean that reality is that she is gone and I have to move on. The house was too empty. Now it feels full again.

Last edited by eddie1261; 10/11/20 04:51 AM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.