Hi James.

I sincerely love this concept. It is innovative and creative!!!!! The idea of using Shakespeare to create songs is truly inspired thinking! He's written so many wonderful and colourful words that some outstanding lyrics could result. I'm so thankful that you showed me how to do this. Once again you have seriously impressed me.

I was captivated by the journey you took me on.

I'm passing the following on in case it's useful information. I hope that I am not being too critical. The last thing I want to do is to overstep my boundaries.

As I was travelling along with you, I found myself wondering how this would sound if the words were spoken at the speed of normal conversation. What is not clear in these words is that they are a conversation between Romeo and Juliet. At this point in the play, "Love at first sight" is sparkling new for the two of them and, because of this, I hear these words being spoken with a sense of excitement, anticipation and playfulness. And as with playful conversation, the language exchange is lighthearted and spritely paced.

As I'm sitting here pondering, at the moment, I have no idea how to capture the essence of all that using a BIAB backing. None at all. I sincerely admire you for setting out on a journey that is so complex and so challenging, though. Good on you!

You've inspired me to see if I can create something cinematic using BIAB and some Shakespeare. He's a favourite of mine and I've studied a number of his works (including Romeo And Juliet). One thing that I've found is that it's not until one hears experienced actors performing Shakespeare that one truly understands what Shakespeare is saying.

It's 2:43 a.m. here in Melbourne right now and I'm really excited after listening to this. Thank you for opening my eyes. I dare not open BIAB now because I won't get any sleep tonight if I do.

Thank you again!
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024