I first of all wanted a DAW that anyone could be directed too. It would need to be free and not require a lot of work to get too. I wanted this to be able to communicate easily with a vocalist or other musician so they would understand in detail what I wanted them to do.

Secondly I wanted a replacement for OHM Studio which is closing. Ohm Studio did not actually fill the above requirements but provided a near real time software to collaborate on. There was a very active community using that site. It had its own issues.

I did some testing with Bandlab today and it looked usable. There was a large amount of latency which there was a system to correct that did not work very well for me. I tried to sing into the software which was doable but pretty difficult. Loading .wav files into tracks was very easy. Loading lyrics into the box designed for notes worked very well. I don't think I would ever be creating anything in Bandlab but it is a place to store stuff that anyone can get too. Bandlab is a totally cloud based software. It would be ever so cool if they were able to use the cakewalk software that they now own.

I am going to go try jamkazam as you suggested to see how it works.

I really need someone to help experiment with me to see the full functionality of a couple of these software programs.

Here is a link to a test BIAB song and lyrics I put up on Bandlab. There are several functions I have not tried yet like the link to Zoom.
https://www.bandlab.com/revisions/33a35fcd-de13-eb11-96f5-501ac5b31de6?sharedKey=hAwrQn9ZekaVv5bmq70T6w

Anyone who would like to do this can PM me.

Thanks,

Billy

New location, new environment, new music coming soon

Seize the moo-ment
If you feel like you’ve herd all these cow puns before, you probably have deja-moo