Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Hans !:))
What a wonderful tune
so masterfully done in
every aspect !
My congrats !

Cheers
Dani

Hi Dani, thanks for your nice opinion on this song. Appreciate that!

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Cool song!! Interesting lyric, and great musical vibe........love that bass!! There is a great motion in the music.....very engaging! Well done!! Take care. Greg

Hi Greg, that bass did it! I liked it very much too, but was hesitating using it at first. It could distract from the lyrics, but luckily it didn't. Thanks for your nice reaction!

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Hans
The internal journey you take us on with that everchanging chorus surprised me- its subtle and real searching you`ve turned into a very good song.
Nice oohs and a good backing helped to keep the mood from becoming too serious.
Perhaps its your voice, but I got a Lennon vibe(from his Imagine days) from this, which,of course is a good thing!

Robert

Hello Robbert, thanks for writing these nice words on the song. I like how you described my chorusses! I did it this way to describe an increasing situation. The structure of the sentences was almost alike, only a few words alter. Altogether it made me build up that ending.
And read what I wrote to BabuMusic on that Lennon comparison. Of course I'm proud reading this, although I don't recognize it myself. But it doesn't matter much. To me the biggest compliment is you all liked this song!

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
I like all the interesting choices you made arrangement-wise. It made the song refreshing and just a little different than what we normally get from you. I also liked the contemplative vocal, really gave some gravitas to the lyrics. Well done!

What nicely said, TuneMonger! But to be honest, I had to look up what you meant with 'contemplative vocal'. We use this word in religion matters, but I understood that you mean the rehearsal of words that might work somewhat like a mantra. Did you mean that? In that case I think you are right, however I wouldn't have written this myself; I'm honoured!

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
As we've said before and as Marty mentioned your vocal reminded us of John Lennon. And as Marty mentioned we'd like to join in the conversation about the lyric (with a couple of pint glasses smile ).
The band is excellent -- particularly the piano and the bass. The congas were a nice addition and the BGV's worked well.

"I always believed honesty shall prevail
I didn't see, no didn't see, this will mostly fail"
Sadly that is too often the situation.

We REALLY like this and as Janice just said, "he sings with a lot of soul."
Excellent production Hans!
J&B

Hi Bud and Janice, I think we have gathered a nice group of people willing to discuss everything with some booze! It's only 'Where?' that has to be settled. Tomorrow I fly from Europe to Yucatán, Mexico. You think you can come over for our 'discussion fiesta'? Let me know!
But thanks a lot for your nice words on the song ad of course what Janice said about my singing. I think she is more than right on that, but we can discuss about it. And the John Lennon vibe I seem to have... I begin to think you are right on that too. I heard some songs from him again and he has that Birchwood vibe. I can't ignore that. But that can also be part of our discussion. It will be great fun. we have a swimmingpool for ourselves, so...?

But I want to end here with the following words; I'm really honoured by your words!

Thank you all for the efforts you made in writing me these nice words!
Stay safe,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130