Originally Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G)
Well done Hans. This is a strong song sung with conviction.
I Loved the band, especially the funk bass and the gospel piano (I've taken a note of them for future productions).
Top mix too.
Thanks for sharing this one.
Cheers,
Mike

Hi Mike, thank you for your kind words. But I took good notice of what you wrote between brackets; you want to use these instruments in future songs! Well, I can't wait for that. And put in some Ooh's and aah's or gospelladies too!

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
The intro grabbed me. First the percussion, and then that fantastic bass line. I didn't hear your other version, but listening to one tells me you made the right choice. Love all elements of this. This is my new favorite song of yours. Your vocal is one of your best!

I hope you don't mind this comparison, but it reminds me of some of the non-bubblegum tracks of The Monkees, around their fourth album.

Hello Ezekiel, thanks for what you wrote! My other version was not published. I always sent my songs to 2 or 3 people before publishing. They are my 'judges'. Mostly the verdict is not unanimous. If it is, I put it on SoundCloud (and the forum) immidiatly. Else I have to figure out why they are so devided. It is a complicated proces, but how do you say that? I'm a believer this method works fine for me.
And with that last line I want you to know I don't mind any comparison, even if it was John Lennon. But it was that -as a child- I liked that song from the Monkees, but never had the chance hearing more serious songs from them. So this comparison has to be chewed on for some time. Join the 'discussion fiesta' in Mexico the coming week (see my post above).

Thanks for listening and watch for creepy viruses,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130