Your heart can hardly tell"

Killer.

"She was a hooker of errata,
Her smile, a valentine.
My fists were hard and sober
When I laid her down the line"

Killer.

...and it goes on and on.

Your productions are GORGEOUS. SUCH great "little touches". Pro level.
"...This is a sketch, and I plan on re-recording and re-mixing..."
Cannot imagine this getting much better.

And an excellent mix.

I LOVE your vocal. That little bit of Waits growl is sweet. The clarity that follows is just as sweet. would kill to be able to that...

It is one of my favorite things that have ever shown up in the Showcase. I think I'm on my 5th listen...

Damn! this is good!!!

AND... the video is EXCELLENT. I may have asked you before...what video software did you use to make that - where did the clips come from - how are you recording yourself???

The song reminds me of one of my all-time favorite records... "Breezy Stories" by Danny O'Keefe. If you don't know it (few people do), I think you might find it interesting:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mMMEr7jZdWlRwq5R6crw8mtX2L5n2ilX8

Color me IMPRESSED. And a fan. WOW.

fj

(So sorry for your loss)

Thanks so much, FJ, for your kind words. Really means a lot to me. I don't get much feedback from family and friends about my music, so it's nice to hear that someone really likes it. Thank you for that. It definitely encourages me to keep writing.

You asked about the video. I use Adobe Rush for most of my videos. I'd prefer to use Adobe Premiere, but my computer is old and pretty slow now, and the new release of Premiere often crashes it. Adobe Rush is a very simple and scaled back program, but it does allow you to do multiple layers and to adjust transparency of those layers. For this video, I purchased a hi-res gear video from Adobe Stock videos. For the videos of myself singing and playing guitar, I recorded at night with a black sheet draped on my wall and a small light on the floor pointed toward me. I put my iphone in a holder and mounted it to a chair to record. Then I imported all 3 videos into Adobe Rush.

I will definitely check out "Breezy Stories" by Danny O'Keefe. Thanks for suggesting it.

Thanks again for all your encouraging words.

Best,

Todd