DAW means Digital Audio Workstation. It is an audio software program designed to load and/or record and mix tracks and effects. Examples include Cubasis, Reaper, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Studio One. RealBand is a basic DAW and comes free with BIAB, and it reads BIAB files and gives a few features not available elsewhere.

One of the effects you might use in a DAW is a program called Melodyne, in which you could alter or remove an offending audio note. Good bye, 9th.

About banjo, I was confused by your question. I read too quickly. I though you meant there was a banjo in that BIAB style. I see now you meant it is a guitar (and in your own band, you have a banjo player). Yes, actually, there might be a way you could take a guitar and change the sound to a banjo, though I don't think I would recommend it! You can certainly look for a RealTrack banjo and insert it into your song, and mute the guitar. There are a few other possibilities.

I think the majority of us here are 70 or so... I am.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors