Hey Rustyspoon good to see you, I hope you have been well during all the nutty stuff going on in the world these days. Actually I have to say RB is not a bad deal, I would suggest not to dismiss it so quickly. It is 64 bit now and has become much more stable to use. one thing PG did that I feel was really a great idea was to run test on 64 bit RB for several months, not a few days. 2021 64 bit RB is the results of 2020 64 bit RB that was not released but kept in the oven for a long time. Pipeline, John ford and a few others beat that crap out of it in testing, and he concluded he has not had a crash. It is certainly not the perfect DAW, but it is very capable, especially when continuing a BiaB song file.

It can generate and regenerate over and over again. Maybe not as fast as BiaB since it does not allow you to start until generation is done. Allowing it to generate to Ram has been discussed, whether it happens we have to wait and see. It does Multiriffs, it can handle both Dxi and VSTi plugins.

Reaper, Studio one, Cakewalk, Logic, Protools, Cubase, you name it, none of these can generate and regenerate and add RT/RDs without the aid of the Biab plugin. RB can and it has 48 tracks and a mixer with FX sends and Midi control, most everything any other DAW can do. The biggest complaints to date were people don't like the GUI, some found it slightly unstable, and it was dated in it's 32 bit architecture. So now its 64 bit, much more stable, and while the GUI is not super modern the system works well and does a great job.

Last edited by Rob Helms; 11/29/20 06:26 PM.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.