Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Didn't that word originate from immigrants coming over without documentation? Meaning With Out Papers?

That old saw has been in circulation for years but if you spend just a minute thinking about it, then everyone who arrived without papers or without a passport would be a have that term hung on them, not just the Italians. And an additional minute or two of thought should convince you that the majority of Italians would have arrived with proper papers, so why call all of them that?

The actual source of the term is from the Sicilian word guappo which meant a stud or a dandy but eventually came to mean a swaggering thug on this side of the pond.

Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Welcome to the wonderful world of political correctness. Which appears to apply to everything but that angry, sexist, racist rap music that use the dreaded "N work" in every line.

But let ME say it even once....

Well, I know that like myself you are of Slovenian extraction (my mother was an Ulle). I grew up listening to my family and the folks around the SNPJ lodge refer to each other as Hunkies and Bohunks but let someone outside of the Slovenian community call them that and that person better have good dental insurance. Don't act like its any different.

Keith
2024 Audiophile Windows 11 AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 3960X 4.5GHZ 128 GB RAM 2 Nvidia RTX 3090s, Vegas,Acid,SoundForge,Izotope Production,Melodyne Studio,Cakewalk,Raven Mti