Originally Posted By: rayc
The 1st minutes is VERY bright and the solo guitar almost took it to ice pick land. After that minutes things seem to round the edges a little and the listening became more comfortable though, occasionally, the arpeggio guitar becomes a little brittle.
It's a lovely song and your personal playing really lifts the whole thing to another level.
Ray, after reading a lot of your comments to other songs I have come to the conclusion that you have highly developed listening skills and a fine ear. (Especially for sibilance and highs) My hearing is very compromised and I lost the highs years ago. I try to adjust for that by using Tone Balance as a visual aid and it usually does well. Everything is where it should be on the scale. I check my mixes with two vastly different headphones, Yamaha monitors, and a Bose system in the truck. There seems to be no doubt that you are hearing something that I am not. I value your input and have been de essing a lot of my vocals since following some of your comments. I will continue to pay attention to the highs in future productions. Thank you pointing this out and for all your fine observations. Tom. PS I’m just an old tele player that can burn the hair off a dogs ears at fifty paces!