OK, that's a specialty application, to record distant nature sounds. Perhaps you want a shotgun mic designed for that.

I agree, any of the common interfaces should work with a dynamic mic, and even better with a condenser, for 'normal' recording. I like the Focusrite mic pres but hate their software so I switched to Presonus interfaces, with a similar mic pre.

My ribbon mic, totally wrong for your use, has a different chain. It goes into a Royer mic dBooster, then into a stand-alone preamp by UA (the 710 Twin Finity, which is a blend of tube and solid state) then into the audio interface as a line level signal completely bypassing the audio interface mic pre. Something like the UA 710 Twin Finity would provide tons of gain, though, for you regardless of the mic you used.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors