Hi all:

I posted some questions about MIDI Guitar 2 earlier in this chain. The responses launched a lot of personal learning in a hurry. Liking this forum. Here's an update.

Larry, I meant both situations (Q1 and Q2 in your response above). Good advice thanks. Update: MIDI Guitar to Realband is working well for me now. I just had to get my head around a couple of things. First, virtual MIDI cables (now using both loopMidi and loopbe1). Second, and more importantly (slap forehead moment) finally cottoning onto the difference between a 64-bit output app (MIDI Guitar 2) and a 32-bit destination Realband, especially where it concerns recreating the actual MIDI Guitar sounds that I'm recording (cellos, pianos, overdrive guitar leads), rather than just the notes I'm playing on the guitar.

For example, after several months I finally understand Sforzando's 32-bit workings (included in Realband 2020). I downloaded the sforzando 64-bit version into my MIDI Guitar 2 app and now I get what I want to hear when I process a MIDI track afterwards with sforzando 32-bit at the Realband end.

Music Trax, I agree that the quality of professional studio musicians already contained in the RB library is hard to beat. They are my audio staple. There are still instances where I like complementary instrumentals to come from my own mind, for certain licks and 'sound-icing' on the cake. For me, this recent leap is being able to weave some of my own MIDI orchestral/multi-instrument imagination into the composition mix, instead of just recording raw guitar audio into some places along the song timeline.

Songwriter, not Singer-Songwriter. Dropped singing in time to save a few friends and pets. RealBand user since 2011. Little known fact... 1 million people live in Nova Scotia. Of those, 1.5 million are musicians. Website: www.songmaker.ca