Thanks Noel. I agree.

When I recommend a change to software I at times suggest making it an option for two reasons. 1/ I don't have time to research and know everything. 2/ for backward comparability just in case (you never know how some users may be using the software).

PG-Music probably already realize this but I will say it anyways. This is actually a major change. I think it would be wise if they have an install popup when they fix this to ask the user how they want middle C to be represented in scientific musical notation. On the popup I am sure some users would find info links helpful (maybe the ones I have have used in this thread and maybe more). Ideally the popup should know if the user saw the popup before and what they chose before and tell them how to change it later after install. One more thing. The popup should list the items it effects in the program (the windows that use it, etc). It is starting to look like this change will take more than 4 days :-) Maybe 4 weeks :-) Making suggestions is easy. Making it reality not so much :-) Been there, done that :-)

Regards,
John

Last edited by bowlesj; 12/19/20 05:02 AM.

John Bowles
My playing in my 20s:
https://www.reverbnation.com/johnbowles