I have only done one such stream, and I ran the stream on one computer and watched it on another. That way I saw the comments as the stream saw the comments. I only had 9 people on at the high water mark. I used Zoom and told people that there would be delay and they wouldn't all see the same delay, so if they had any comments they should wait for the break between songs and gesture toward me so I could unmute them, because can you imagine me having their mics feeding back to me as I did a song? It would be like singing in a cave with all the echo. SO they muted their mics while I was in a song, and I muted them on my end too. Worked fine. I did 9 songs for them and then we all chatted, because this was a select group of people I would normally see with some regularity and it was a chance to catch up. Some have dogs that can't wait to visit and meet my new dog. A few are out of state so we only communicate via email and text anyway.

This technology available now is CRAZY good and if people would just open their minds and be willing to TRY SOMETHING NEW they'd see that. Geeze if my band's show on March 5th doesn't get canceled due to Covid I am going to stream the whole thing. The venue has free wifi so why not? Those 2 out of town people can see a show they would otherwise have no shot at. It will be a bad angle from side stage and the sound will likely not be good but they can "be there". In fact I may play off stage by the monitor mixer so I can wear my mask. The optics won't suffer because my role is mainly to double the horn section and the audience will see 3 live horn players and not be the wiser.

Technology makes almost anything possible if people embrace it instead of sneer at it.

Last edited by eddie1261; 01/12/21 04:48 PM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.