Eddie,

It's the fans I miss. I miss performing as much as playing music, plus I miss the feedback, the energy, the party, the camaraderie.

We're not only musicians, we're entertainers and the immediate feedback from our audiences is part of the high we get when playing music for them.

I can't say that I don't miss the money. It is my profession, and although I love my job and would do it for free if the situation was different, in today's world money is an essential fact of life.

I have no intention of whining. I'm biding my time until it's safe to do so again. While waiting, I'm learning new songs, improving my backing tracks for older ones that were made when I wasn't as good at making them as I am now. In addition, I'm writing new style and fake e-disks for Band-in-a-Box, and we're rehearsing in the living room to keep our chops up.

I do believe that in the 2021/2022 winter season, I'll have some gigs and be able to entertain.

We're thinking that after we get our second COVID vaccination we might find a public, outdoor place to play for free that isn't in competition with any commercial business. Perhaps a park where the audience can remain social distanced.

Leilani and I both agree, entertaining an audience by playing music is our second favorite thing to do.

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks