Originally Posted By: Bob Calver
not sure that's entirely true Charlie. the OP says the problem only occurs with a key change from A to B. if i understand Andrew correctly what he's saying is BIAB generates the whole song as if it were still in the key of A. If the OP starts the song in B the RealTrack works fine. the problem wouldn't exist if BIAB was 'able to follow key changes within the song for RT generation' as Andrew puts it.

the recorded material is fine - no need for extra recordings - just BIAB can't always cope with key changes for RT generation.

I don't believe you're understanding Andrew exactly correct or at least differently than I do. I think he's addressing two different elements. 1. The actual Realtrack audio data recorded and 2. The BIAB generated audio track derived from the assimilated RealTrack data track. They share a common name but are not the same.

In point (A) - Andrew is apparently referring to the BIAB generation of non musical audio data derived from recorded audio data contained in the RealTrack Folder for compiling it into musical phrases that match the settings of the chosen style and user programming into the Chord Sheet.

In point (B) - Andrew is directly referring to the audio material recorded by the RealTrack artist session musician playing "what is natural for them to play for a chord in that style of music, so seeing a B chord in the key of A, many RealTracks will play the b7.when recording the audio for that RealTrack."

A RealTrack residing on a BIAB Mixer Track is a virtual track that does not contain any audio but contains data that BIAB compiles from the User's chord chart, Style, Tempo, feel, key signature and other data to search the RealTrack folder and data base to assimilate and compile musical phrases appropriate for the song.

A RealTrack residing in the RealTrack Folder is a finite amount of recorded audio by a session musician that's composed in pre-determined, non musical snippets of varying numbers of bars compiled into assorted chord progressions, riffs, turn arounds, intro's, endings, transitions and melodies.

When and where the problem occured for the OP having this problem is irrelevant and the recorded material, the BIAB generated track that should follow the user's inputted chords as entered, is not fine. It's not fine because the RealTrack data the PGMusic session musician when he recorded the audio data for that particular RealTrack playing in his/her natural manner chorded a B7 rather than a B so the BIAB algorithm isn't properly following the changes within the song because the proper data is not there and the BIAB algorithms are not creating a 'new' but proper chord.

Andrew doesn't provide an answer to whether the two desirable features are possible or not but does provide an equivalent age old solution method to record the correct chords from within the BIAB program. BIAB can't cope with the actual recorded audio data if it's not there or there's no procedure in place to transpose/ time stretch/ pitch change existing audio.

BIAB can easily create the correct audio and punch in that correct audio in the necessary locations.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.